Blog Education Tips 

University abroad: admission, taxes and subsidies


Would you like to take a course abroad? If so, know that you are in good company: there are more and more international exchange programsthat allow you to do a study experience outside your country for longer or shorter periods. Of course, before choosing the final destination, it is good to inquire about a series of practical issues. Is the qualification you are going to receive valid throughout Europe? What documents do I need to present? At what level is it good to know the language of the host country? Is it possible to study outside not for a whole cycle of studies but only for a period, for example for a single academic year or academic year?

So here’s another point to keep in mind: entry conditions vary greatly from one country to another , so make sure to learn about the higher education system of the country you wish to study before leaving your country. Even if you can not be denied access to training and education in another EU country on the basis of nationality , in some European countries you may need to take a language test to prove that you know the language of the chosen country.

WORKING ABROAD – If you have completed or are about to complete your studies, perhaps you would like to check out the possibility of working in another EU country. Read the Eures Guide to work abroad

In some countries, university studies are free, while in others they can be expensive. If the university in the European country of your choice is free, it will be for you too. In any case, you will not be able to pay higher taxes than those of residents in the country. You are also entitled to the same grants to cover tuition fees .

Do you want to leave for the holidays? – Read the Eures Guide for safe and secure travel

With regard to maintenance grants and loans , some countries grant them to foreign students, but you do not automatically have the right to them (unless you have been in the country concerned for five years or more). For more information, contact the Ministries of Education.

Find out more: Taxes and economic aid

ERASMUS + – If you plan to do part of your studies abroad, it is preferable that you ask your university first to find out what opportunities are available. More than 4,000 higher education institutions from 33 countries (all EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Norway and Turkey) participate in the Erasmus + program.

Related posts

Leave a Comment