Enrolling your children for early learning is the best way to secure their future. Preschool in Darwin provides some of the essential values and skills that your child needs when growing up. They focus on equipping children to become successful in life as well as develop a smooth start to formal schooling. Children can start preschool as soon as they are 4 years old.
You can either decide to do the enrolment either online or visit the school. Here are some of the documents you need to have at hand for the enrolment process:
- Birth certificate – This is important to let the teachers know the details of your child.
- Proof of address – it is good to let the teachers know the address of your home. This will help them in case they are planning to deliver the children from house to house.
- Emergency contact details – in case your child experiences issues in school, there should be clear details in which they can use to reach out to you.
- Immunisation record – as a parent, you need to have a clear immunisation record of your kids. This is important for the safety of your child and that of others.
- Details of any medical conditions – some children usually have problems with their health. As a parent, you are expected to let the teachers know the issues that your child may be suffering from.
Meanwhile, here are the things you have to keep in mind when you are out to find a preschool in Darwin:
I believe every parent would prefer a place where they can easily reach their children whether they’re at work or home. Therefore, enrol your child in a school that is near your home. Beautifully, if you are staying in Darwin, you have multiple preschool choices to choose from.
Children, especially at such a young age, are most sensitive and need teachers who they can fully trust. Young children enjoy being in the company of teachers they can confide in and understand them at their level. Interaction between staff and the children is very key. You will be surprised that the performance of your child in school will be highly dependent on their relationship with the teachers.
Curriculum and structure
Check if the curriculum is up to date and also make sure it forms a firm structural basis for your child’s future. Many preschools in Darwin are either developmental or academic, and that goes to the parent’s preference. Although the preschool curriculum is not that complicated, at least they should have a great curriculum for the children.
Children should be provided with a clean environment so that to protect them from germs that easily cause diseases. Ensure that the school floors and the things they use while playing are clean. This is important in keeping them healthy.
Discipline is key in every preschool since it determines how the child grows and how responsible he/she becomes in the future. So what happens when the child misbehaves in school? There should be a well-laid plan of action to take.
As a parent, look into what kinds of food are served to make sure the menu is consistent with your child’s health and nutritional needs. Some preschools in Darwin usually provide some snacks and food to the children. Ensure the food is nutritious.
If you don’t feel comfortable about a place, trust your instinct. Ask questions and be open to embracing new ideas.