The Howard County Inter-Scholastic Athletics Program provides an opportunity
for students to participate in a variety of sports throughout the school year.
- Improve academic performance,
- Provide opportunities for students to extend physical education interests,
- Foster better interpersonal relationships through sports participation,
- Encourage student enthusiasm for interschool contests,
- Channel student enthusiasm for interschool contests,
- Channel student energies toward developing useful citizenship skills, and
- Enhance school spirit and the learning environment
In order to participate in HCPSS Interscholastic Athletics, each student-athlete must have the following forms completed prior to tryouts:
1. Copy of Birth Certificate - This is only needed 1 time and is kept on file for all 4 years.
2. Copy of BGE Bill - This is your proof of residency in Hammond High School's district. One copy of a BGE bill is needed per year.
3. Physical Form - This is required each year before the student-athlete participates in interscholastic athletics.
4. Concussion Release Form - Each student-athlete is required to take a base line concussion test every other year. The test is offered at HHS and there is no charge for the testing.
5.The following form is required for each sport season the student-athlete is participating in.
Parent Permission Form - Please make sure that it is signed by both the student-athlete and a guardian, insurance information is included, and the address of the student-athlete is written.
Please feel free to download the HCPSS Athletics Student-Parent Handbook. This is your guide and reference to all HCPSS Athletic Protocol.